Jesus Changes Water to Wine
The Believers Life Style Bible Study
Jesus Changes Water to Wine – John 2:1-11
Presented Online by Michael Webb
June 27, 2020
- Why are people interested in miraculous or supernatural events?
- *What makes an event miraculous or supernatural?
- What supernatural or miraculous events have you witnessed?
- Where did the wedding take place? (2:1)
- Who was at the wedding? (2:1-2)
- What did Jesus’ mother say to Him? (2:3)
- *What was Jesus’ response to His mother? (2:4)
- How did Jesus’ mother respond to His reply? (2:5)
- What were the water jars used for? (2:6)
- What did Jesus tell the servants to do? (2:7)
- To whom did the servants take the water? (2:8)
- What happened to the water? (2:9)
- *What was the banquet master’s response? (2:10)
- *Why did Jesus perform this miracle? (2:11)
- How did Jesus’ disciples respond to this miracle? (2:11)
- How have you had faith in Jesus’ power this week?
- *What is something you would like Jesus to change in your life?
- *What recent miracle has Jesus done in your life?
- How does Jesus reveal His glory to us today?
- In what ways has Jesus transformed you into a new person?
- How has Jesus given you a new life?
- What things has Jesus done that have caused you to have faith in Him?
- *What is one specific habit or characteristic you will ask God to change in your life this week?
- How will you enjoy today the new life Jesus has given you?
Scripture for the Lesson:
John 2:1-11 (KJV)
1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.
11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.