Jesus First Disciples
The Believers Life Style Bible Study
Jesus First Disciples
June 3, 2020
Scripture: John 1:35-42
Presented by Michael Webb
- What gets you excited or enthusiastic?
- *How would you feel if a good friend abandoned your friendship in favor of someone else?
- What nicknames have you had over the years?
- Who besides Jesus had disciples? (1:35)
- What did John say when he saw Jesus? (1:36)
- How did John identify Jesus for his disciples? (1:37)
- *What did John’s disciples do when John identified Jesus? (1:37)
- What did Jesus ask John’s disciples? (1:38)
- What did John’s disciples call Jesus? (1:38)
- What did John’s disciples ask Jesus? (1:38)
- *What was the first thing Andrew did after he had followed Jesus? (1:40)
- Who was Andrew’s brother? (1:40)
- *What did Andrew tell his brother about Jesus? (1:41)
- What nickname did Jesus give to Simon? (1:42)
- What words did the author interpret for us? (1:37, 41, 42)
- *What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- What hinders us from following Jesus?
- *What must we leave to follow Jesus?
- To what friends and relatives could you introduce Jesus?
- How can we spend time with Jesus to get to know Him better?
- Whom do you want to introduce to Jesus this week?
- How could you introduce Christ to a friend or relative?
- *What change in your daily routine would enable you to follow Jesus better?
John 1:35-42 (NKJV)
35 Again, the next day, John stood with two of his disciples.
36 And looking at Jesus as He walked, he said, “Behold the Lamb of God!”
37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
38 Then Jesus turned, and seeing them following, said to them, “What do you seek?” They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which is to say, when translated, Teacher), “where are You staying?”
39 He said to them, “Come and see.” They came and saw where He was staying, and remained with Him that day (now it was about the tenth hour).
40 One of the two who heard John speak, and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother.
41 He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ).
42 And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).