No One Is Righteous
Life In Christ Bible Study
Topic: No One Is Righteous
Presented by Michael Webb
Scripture References: Romans 3:9-20
September 5, 2020
- *In what ways are all people the same?
- If you were on trial in front of God, what are some of the things He would judge you on?
- Do you consider yourself to be a good person? Why?
- How did Paul compare himself to others? (3:9)
- *How are Jews and Gentiles alike? (3:9)
- Who is righteous? (3:10)
- What is our natural tendency toward God? (3:11)
- What is the result of turning away from God? (3:12)
- *What is human nature? (3:12)
- How do our conversations and speech reflect our sinful nature? (3:13-14)
- *What are the characteristics of people who stand condemned before God? (3:13-18)
- What does God’s law show us about ourselves? (3:19)
- What is the purpose of having God’s law? (3:19-20)
- What reward does a person receive for observing the Law? (3:20)
- How do you feel when the Bible describes you as standing guilty before God?
- How can Christianity be described as “good news” when it teaches that all people are guilty before God?
- *What reasons would you give for describing people as either basically good or basically evil?
- *How would you explain this passage to a person who believes that he or she is good and not guilty of any serious sins?
- How will God judge His chosen people, the Jews?
- How can we sin with our mouth?
- For what are we accountable to God?
- What misinformation about God’s judgment have you believed at one point in your life?
- *What “laws” do you need to put aside in your life in favor of the true righteousness God offers?
- With what believer could you meet and spend time in prayer and confession? When?
Romans 3:9-20 (NKJV)
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; “The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.