The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
Life in Christ Bible Study
Presented by Michael Webb
February 5, 2022
Topic: The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
Scriptures: John 4:27-38
- *What must a farmer do in order to enjoy an abundant harvest?
- When have you ever been so consumed with a task that you forgot to eat?
- How did the disciples respond when they saw Jesus talking to the Samaritan woman? (4:27)
- What did the Samaritan woman do after she had spoken to Jesus? (4:28)
- What did the Samaritan woman tell the townspeople? (4:29)
- How did the townspeople respond to what the Samaritan woman said? (4:30)
- What did the disciples urge Jesus to do? (4:31)
- *What did Jesus tell the disciples? (4:32)
- How did the disciples respond to what Jesus told them about food? (4:33)
- *What did Jesus say was His food? (4:34)
- What did Jesus say about the fields? (4:35)
- *What kind of crop did Jesus say “the reaper” was harvesting? (4:36)
- What did Jesus send the disciples to do? (4:38)
- What barriers keep us from talking to other people about Christ?
- How does spending time talking to Jesus affect your life?
- *What tasks in life tend to consume your attention?
- What are some of the sayings of Jesus that surprise you?
- In what way has God surprised you by what He’s done in your life?
- What unique work has God given you to do?
- *How would you describe today the fields Jesus described to His disciples?
- What role can you play in the reaping and harvesting of lives for Christ?
- What obstacle will you ask God to remove so you can help bring someone to Christ?
- *In what way can you be involved in reaping and harvesting for God’s kingdom today?
John 4:27-38 (NKJV)
27 And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”
28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men,
29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?”
30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.
31 In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”
32 But He said to them, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”
33 Therefore the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?”
34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.
37 For in this the saying is true: ‘One sows and another reaps.’
38 I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors.”