The Believers Life Style Bible Study
The Workers Are Few
April 11, 2015
Presented by Michael Webb
- In what situations do you tend to feel compassion?
- What missionaries do you know personally?
- *What do you pray about on a regular basis?
- Where did Jesus go? To do what? (9:35)
- Where did Jesus teach? (9:35)
- What did Jesus preach about? (9:35)
- What kinds of disease and sickness did Jesus heal? (9:35)
- *What emotion did Jesus feel when He saw the crowds of people around Him? (9:36)
- Why did Jesus feel as He did? (9:36)
- *What helpless animals were the people compared to? (9:36)
- In what terms did Jesus describe the situation He and His disciples were observing? (9:37)
- How did Jesus describe the number of people helping others come to Him? (9:37)
- Who did Jesus tell His disciples to discuss the lack of workers with? (9:37)
- *For whom did Jesus tell His disciples to pray? (9:37)
- For what non-Christians do you feel compassion?
- How would you describe the spiritual and moral state of the majority of the people in your town or on your campus?
- *Who are the non-Christians in your life?
- *What can you do to help people see their need for Christ?
- What skills, gifts, abilities, or talents can you use to help others come to Christ?
- What barriers stand in the way of people you know listening to the gospel?
- What can you do to overcome your friends’ and neighbors’ objections or reservations about following Jesus?
- *For what non-Christians will you pray regularly from now on?
- What missionaries can you pray for this week?
- How can you make a difference today in the life of someone who is “harassed and helpless”?
The Compassion of Jesus
35 Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.[a] 36 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary[b] and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. 38 Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”