Doing Good to All
Life In Christ Bible Study
Doing Good to All
August 5, 2023
Presented by Michael Webb
- *How easily do you share your time and skills with others?
- What’s hardest about serving others?
- How do you feel when you aren’t thanked for going out of your way to help someone?
- What did Paul say about helping a Christian overtaken by sin? (6:1)
- What warning about sin do strong Christians need to heed? (6:1)
- *How should Christians support each other? (6:2)
- What is the law of Christ? (6:2)
- *What is the antidote to self-deception? (6:3-4)
- How is carrying one’s own load different from bearing the burdens of others? (6:5)
- What is the responsibility of church members toward their teaching elders? (6:6)
- How did Paul warn against a lack of financial support for the Christian workers in the Galatian churches? (6:7-8)
- How did Paul encourage the Christians to endure in service? (6:9)
- What did Paul say about a Christian’s social responsibility? (6:10)
- *What responsibility do believers have toward each other? (6:10)
- *What is the best approach to helping a Christian brother or sister caught in sin?
- How is your view of yourself in line with God’s?
- *What encourages you to keep going in Christian service even when you feel like giving up?
- How would you evaluate your history of tithing?
- How can you help meet the needs of others outside the church?
- *How can you help a member of your church this week with a particular burden he or she has?
- This week, what can you do to support someone in missions in a way that will please the Spirit?
Galatians 6:1-10 (NKJV)
Gal 1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.