Wives and Husbands
Life In Christ Bible Study
Topic: Wives and Husbands
Presented by Michael Webb
Scripture References: Ephesians 5:22-33
August 15, 2020
- What husband-and-wife team do you greatly admire?
- *In your view, what one quality or ability sustains a marriage relationship?
- What service should wives render to the Lord? (5:22)
- What is the relationship of the husband to the wife? (5:23)
- How is Christ’s headship of the church an example to the husband? (5:23)
- *How is the relationship of the church to Christ an example to wives? (5:24)
- How are husbands commanded to love their wives? (5:25)
- How did Christ prepare a bride for Himself? (5:26-27)
- *How should husbands love their wives? (5:28-30)
- How is the bond between husband and wife greater than the bond between parent and child? (5:31)
- *How does the bond between Christ and the church illustrate the love of a husband for his wife? (5:32)
- In sum, what are the responsibilities of the husband and wife toward each other? (5:33)
- *How should both husband and wife model themselves on Christ?
- *Why would unselfishness be an essential part of a Christian marriage?
- What should a Christian wife give her husband?
- How should a Christian husband care for his wife?
- How does a healthy Christian marriage relationship honor the Lord?
- What are some ways local churches can help Christian couples strengthen their marriages?
- *What is something you can do to help a Christian couple strengthen their marriage?
- How can you treat your spouse with more respect and love this week?
- How can you express your thankfulness to Christ today for making you His bride?
Ephesians 5:22-33 (NKJV)
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her,
26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,
27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.
28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.
30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.
31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”
32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.