Jesus the Lamb of God
The Believers Life Style Bible Study
Jesus The Lamb of God
June 10, 2020
Scripture: John 1:29-34
Presented by Michael Webb
- What function do initiation rites serve in a club or society?
- *What can you infer about someone from his or her title (such as Doctor, Professor, or Prince)?
- *Why did John call Jesus the Lamb of God? (1:29)
- What are the sins of the world? (1:29)
- What does Jesus do with the sins of the world? (1:29)
- *What did John mean that Jesus surpassed him because He was before him? (1:30)
- How was Jesus before John? (1:30)
- Why did John say he didn’t know who Jesus was? (1:31)
- What reason did John give for baptizing Jesus? (1:31)
- Why did John come to baptize people? (1:31)
- What creature represented the Spirit of God? (1:32)
- Why did the Spirit come down upon Jesus? (1:33)
- With what did John baptize? (1:31, 33)
- With what will Jesus baptize? (1:33)
- *What title did John ascribe to the person he baptized? (1:34)
- What sin of yours has Jesus taken away?
- *How do we receive the forgiveness that Christ bought for us?
- In what way do you share Jesus’ identity as a child of God?
- What role does the Holy Spirit play in your life?
- *How does Jesus baptize us?
- *How can you honor Jesus’ Sonship with your life this week?
- What steps can you take to appreciate better who Jesus is?
- In what way can you reveal Christ to others this week?
The Lamb of God
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is He of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who [a]is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ 31 I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.”
32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”