The Fall of Man – The Knowledge of Good and Evil
Believers Life Style Bible Study
June 5, 2021
Genesis 2:4 – 3:24
Presented by Michael Webb
- What makes forbidden things so tempting?
- What are some of the joys and frustrations of marriage?
- When was the first time you stole a cookie?
- What are the main events described in these verses? (2:4-3:24)
- When and how did God create man? (2:4-7)
- What did God put in the middle of the Garden of Eden? (2:9)
- For what purpose did God put man in the Garden of Eden? (2:8, 15)
- What command did God give man? (2:16-17)
- What did God say was not good? (2:18)
- How did God create woman, and what was Adam’s response to her? (2:21-23)
- What would be the result of man becoming united with his wife? (2:24)
- What did the serpent ask the woman, and how did she respond? (3:1-3)
- Why did the serpent say that God did not want the woman to eat the forbidden fruit? (3:4-5)
- What happened when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit? (3:6-7)
- What did Adam and Eve do when they heard God? Why? (3:8-10)
- How did Adam and Eve respond when God asked them why they disobeyed? (3:11-13)
- How did God punish the serpent, the man, and the woman? (3:14-19)
- Why did God drive Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden? (3:22-24)
- How is it significant that God created man and “breathed into him the breath of life”?
- What does the fact that it was not good for man to be alone tell us about the importance of relationships?
- What is the significance of the fact that Adam felt no shame at being naked?
- What does it mean to become one flesh?
- What difference does it make what we think about Satan and his attempts to deceive us?
- What’s the problem with having “knowledge of good and evil”?
- Why are we attracted to do what God has forbidden?
- How does this original sin affect us on a daily basis?
- What do these verses tell us about temptation and how to resist it?
- What lies do people tend to believe these days?
- What does the fact that Adam and Eve felt no shame before their sin and that they felt shame after their sin tell us about the effects of sin?
- What is one thing you can do to improve your relationship with your spouse or a good friend?
- What can you do to help you remember God’s truth this week?
- *How can you become wiser about the schemes of the devil?