The Believers Life Style Bible Study
The Fellowship of the Believers
March 11, 2017
Scripture: Acts 2:42-47
Presented by Michael Webb
- *What possessions do you have that you enjoy sharing with others?
- Which of your belongings would you not want to share with anyone else? Why?
- How would you describe your life-style: self-centered, family-centered, or others-centered?
- *What were the activities of the early church? (2:42)
- How did the new believers approach what they did? (2:42)
- *What unusual deeds did the apostles do? (2:43)
- *How did people respond to what was going on? (2:43)
- What life-style did the early believers adopt? (2:44-45)
- Why might the early Christians have had “everything in common”? (2:44)
- How were the goods distributed among the early believers? (2:45)
- How often did the believers meet? (2:46)
- Where did the early believers meet? (2:46)
- How did the early Christians meet together? (2:46-47)
- What did the Christians do when they met together in homes? (2:46-47)
- What was the spirit of the believers in all they did? (2:46-47)
- What was the growth of the early church like? (2:47)
- What were the early believers actually doing when they “broke bread”?
- How do the activities of the early church compare with the activities of your church?
- *How do you think your church should be more like the early church?
- *In what ways should your church be different from the early church? Why?
- The early church was joyful, victorious, and full of praise. How would you describe the spirit of your church?
- When do you most enjoy spending time with other believers?
- Would you describe your church as self-centered or others-centered?
- How is the celebration of Communion meaningful to you?
- What “miracles” have you witnessed in your church fellowship?
- In what ways do you see your church growing?
- *What can you do to help your church be more like the early church?
- How can your daily prayers help bring about spiritual renewal in your church fellowship?
Acts 2:42-47 New King James Version (NKJV)
42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ [a]doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and [b]sold their possessions and goods, and divided[c] them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added [d]to the church daily those who were being saved.